Can’t find the answer you’re looking for?
Please get in touch with us by phone or email and we will be happy to answer your questions!
- What are the road and parking rules for cyclists in Kyoto?
- Check out our handy PDF guide to cycling rules and safety in Kyoto. See also our tips for sightseeing in Kyoto by bicycle, including parking advice.
- Is it possible to keep rental bicycles overnight?
- Yes, it is. To keep the bicycle overnight, there must be a parking space for the bicycle at your accommodation. If the accommodation does not have a space for parking, you must return the bicycle to KCTP each day by 18:00.
- What is your cancellation policy for rental bicycles?
- A There will be no cancellation fee if you call us no later than half an hour after your booking time, if your booking time is before 12:00pm. Note that if your booking time is after 12:00pm, you must let us know before 12:00pm on the day if you wish to cancel.
If you don’t call us by that time, you will be charged 100% of the rental cost as a cancellation fee.
> If your rental booking time is 9:00am, the cancellation must be made by 9:30am.
> If your rental booking time is 12:30pm, the cancellation must be made by 12:00pm.
- Do the bikes have locks?
- Yes, the bikes come with combination locks.
- Are helmets required and do you provide them?
- Children aged 12 and under must wear a helmet and we provide those free of charge. Helmets are optional for cyclists aged over 12 and we provide them on request for a fee of 300 yen per helmet (only available at Kyoto Station and Kyoto Station Hachijo Gate terminals).
- Do you have attachable baby seats?
- Attachable baby seats are not available for safety reasons. Electric-assist bicycles with child seats are available for ages 1 to 5.
See Bicycles & Prices for more info.
- Do you have child bikes?
- Yes, we do have childrens bikes. We have three sizes suitable for different heights, plus taller children may use a Mini Velo.
See Bicycles & Prices for details.
- Is there a bicycle delivery/collection service?
- Our bike delivery and collection service is only available for group bookings. See Groups for more details.