Rental booking terms and conditions
If you need to cancel the booking or are delayed, please contact us by phone no later than 30 minutes after your reserved collection time to ensure we hold your bike. If your collection time is after 12:00 noon, please call us before noon.
Please note if you do not contact us within this time, the rental will be cancelled and a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
- Please be punctual when returning bicycles within business hours (by 18:00). If bicycles are not returned promptly and you do not contact us, the police may be notified.
- Any damage, loss or theft of bicycles or accompanying equipment may be billed at cost to the customer.
- KCTP do not take any responsibility for any damage to or loss of customer belongings and clothing during use of the rental bicycle.
- Any damage caused by violation of the Road Traffic Law (cycling in prohibited areas, cycling in the wrong direction, cycling while intoxicated, etc.) or due to user negligence (e.g. hitting a stationary car, colliding with property) will not be covered by insurance against damage.
- Depending on the circumstances of an accident, personal accident insurance may be applicable.
- For logistical reasons, your nominated drop-off terminal cannot be changed after you have picked up the bicycle.
- In the case of a customer emergency, an emergency collection fee of 1,000 yen will be charged for bicycle collection within Kyoto City.
- In the case of multiple-day rentals, requests to cancel subsequent days must be made before 18:00 on the previous day. Cancellations received later than 18:00 will not be refundable.
- The emergency support service (free delivery and replacement of bicycles in case of puncture or mechanical trouble) is provided only within the designated area in Kyoto City and during business hours.
- KCTP bicycle users who are staying in an Airbnb property need to show a valid credit card to be copied by KCTP for a deposit.
- Customers must contact KCTP if a bicycle is seized by authorities from an illegal parking area. If customers fail to report this to KCTP and the bicycle is abandoned, customers will be charged. This also applies if bicycles are not returned to the correct place by the agreed time.